May 04, 2014

Deja Vu All Over Again...........

In the midst of all this Spring rain we had a beautiful sunny cloudless day
with a record 90.2 temperature which dipped 25 degrees the next day, 
but it was enough to bring out the buds and blooms on much of the stuff
in my yard. Unfortunately it didn't occur to me to snap a photo then
so what you see was taken moments ago in the rain. Oh well!


My pink dogwood is so much fuller this year and the snowball bush is 
thick with unopened balls that will droop clear to the ground when
they open in the next day or two. I love the brilliant yellow of all the 
scotch broom in my neighbors fields...just not in my yard. The sparce
rhodies and lilacs of last year have doubled their blooms, so in the 
next few days my yard will be awash with color unless the rain 
predicted for the next week beats them up. I keep hoping each year 
will be different.....maybe this is the year. 


1 comment:

  1. I just quietly shudder when I think of temperatures much above sixty (60F) degrees! I can and I DO dress for the cooler weather. What on this good earth can you do about HEAT .. nice post .. REALLY RILLY .. Smiles .. Cap and Patti up in Alaska ..

    ReplyDelete